As a kid, my father told me that constantly. "Eso es Satanico" referred to Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Garbage Pail Kids, and even Madballs. I tried to convince him that Scooby Doo wasn't 'satanico' because the monsters were actually angry old men who ran county fairs and not at all related to the devil or he-who-must-not-be-named.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006


Frankly, I expected this disc to be bullshit. Not so much a retrospective as it is an analysis of their break up, Refused are Fucking Dead is a loving piece of hardcore history that doesn't suffer from over-reliance on live footage, band pranks, or any of the usual trappings of band documentaries. The documentary itself is about 40 minutes long, and the extras include both of their videos and a few live cuts that were thankfully left out of the documentary itself. I haven't been this ecstatic about a purchase in a very long time. Beware those who would call this "artsy," because of it's chello based score and it's complete lack of laughs, for they are lame.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I don't have enough time on my hands. I have too much time on my hands.

Followers