As a kid, my father told me that constantly. "Eso es Satanico" referred to Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Garbage Pail Kids, and even Madballs. I tried to convince him that Scooby Doo wasn't 'satanico' because the monsters were actually angry old men who ran county fairs and not at all related to the devil or he-who-must-not-be-named.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm laid off.
I was given my walking papers just over a week ago.

The job search begins.

My work has been graceful enough to allow me to stay there until March 1st. This means I get medical until March 31st. Thank you for that, NC Machinery. I'll be taking advantage -- getting massages and acupuncture every week until the 31st. I have to make a dental appointment or two as well.
Yesterday I spent the evening at work. My shift ended at 5pm, I was home at about 10pm. I stayed at work re-doing my resume and applying for
one job. It was an information intake officer, or something like that. I have no idea what it was or what the job entails, but I'm mostly qualified, based on their criteria.

There was an essay portion to the application, and I had to answer each question with a narrative about why I may be capable with a customer or someshit. This, and the fact that USAjobs.gov requires you to use their version of a resume and type up all your info
again, took all evening. So now that they have my information, the government is going to be receiving applications for all kinds of shit from me. That took forever to do and it isn't worth it for just one job.

We'll see what happens. I know of people taking weeks to get their unemployment benefits. I hope I can get mine.

I'm worried I won't land a job soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AezyNohMiRI

The groovy man sings the truth.

Also, I love you and your face.

readysetwhoa said...

http://www.funnycatsite.com/pictures/Tiny_Kitten_Face.jpg

mew!

Dalay said...

Bro, so sorry about the job situation. Need your sis to lend you some moolah??? Let me know. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Courtney Tessier said...

Dude this sucks, I'm sorry. So many people are in the same situation. Mo is, and I've been with her every step of the way. It's hard.

BEST OF LUCK!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I don't have enough time on my hands. I have too much time on my hands.

Followers