As a kid, my father told me that constantly. "Eso es Satanico" referred to Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Garbage Pail Kids, and even Madballs. I tried to convince him that Scooby Doo wasn't 'satanico' because the monsters were actually angry old men who ran county fairs and not at all related to the devil or he-who-must-not-be-named.

Friday, June 30, 2006


Consular 7inch ep
Consular are a heavy, heavy band. Loud and slow, they chosen to take the Sabbathy road trailblazed by bands like Cavity and Sleep. On their debut 7", Consular have proven their ability to pull off sludgy, repetetive riffage like pros. The songs don't vary very much, mostly the listener is slowly forced into a depressive funk (and this is a good thing) while the monumental riffs and feedback move forward at a creeping pace and the singer screams maniacally.
Just try to imagine smoking weed out of a hollowed out skull. I'd love to see what they do when they get the opportunity to play with a full length's amount of space. (Fatal Apathy)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
I don't have enough time on my hands. I have too much time on my hands.

Followers